Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Clarity Through Pain

Isn't it funny how in the darkest moments, the most painful moments life becomes a little more clear. We think to ourselves, "wow, that doesn't matter as much as I thought it would" or "I never thought that person would care".

Because pain is more times than not an individual thing, during times of pain we are forced to concentrate on ourself and our bodies to heal. While concentrating on healing we go through introspection. We constantly see how we feel and a by product of that we see other things about ourself as well. And because of this intense focus we see with clarity and we see the truth.

The reason I bring this up is because for the past week I have had excruciating shoulder pain which landed me in the hospital on Thursday night. Since then I have been recovering with the aid of my wife.

Some observations from my pain:

1. I love spending time with my wife.
2. I was surprised at who cared and who didn't.
3. Feel free to be honest about all your feelings.
4. Hard decisions are not that hard.
5. Who you are is who you are, but acknowledge the same thing in others.
6. Family is what matters, good friends are right up there too.
7. Your sanity outweighs any financial reward.
8. There is a reason for everything and search hard for that reason.
9. Give kindness and love freely.
10. It is good to be quiet and still sometimes.

No comments: