Thursday, September 20, 2007

Music is Funny

I was flipping through my CD collection on the way home and came across a Nirvana CD. I put it in the player and cranked it up. It is funny how music brings back memories. Just a few memories from some artists

Nirvana: Going to South Bend to play Soccer
The Doors: Driving to Florida with my Dad
Unwritten Law: Driving around Indianapolis
Tim McGraw: Riding horses in Brown County
Ottmar Liebert: House of Blues 98
Mozarts Eine Kleine Nactmusik: Music class in Middle School
Phish: Driving to Pensacola
Wide Spread Panic: Singing "Coconuts" with Andrea
Rush: Setting my boom box up and listening to it in my room
John Mellencamp: Got the album the day before my neighbor died of cancer (human wheels)
Grateful Dead: Listening to The Dead in my dads car the day Jerry died
Many many many more.....

Interesting, more vivid than a picture.

2 comments:

Dawn71 said...

I'm laughing at the thought of doing the same as you-a "laundry list" of past music that I use to listen to. Oh, the memmories! It's a pleasure to read your blog.

Will said...

Thanks....it is funny how smells and music can bring you back.