Friday, October 19, 2007

Community i.e. Friendship

I know the past week has been exhausting and frustrating for myself and many others around me but we made it through. The great thing about being in a community and more importantly having friendship is the fact that you don't have to go it alone. There is no neighborhood, business, team, or church that is void of conflict or frustration. But the great thing is we are not alone and we CHOOSE to be in this community together. That says a lot about our integrity, perseverance, understanding, love and grace.

Many run away from community because of the conflicts. They run to their own island, their own world or to the next community in search of a place that is conflict and frustration free. To them I say "good luck and God Speed." A community is a living breathing body, a heart that beats as one. Just as the human body can heal itself so too can the body of community. We need each other; we want to hug, smile, explore, transform, cry and laugh together. If I have two gold coins I want to give one away; if I have a wound I want someone to help me heal. Without community this is impossible. I pray we all value our little community we are involved in and view it with the sacredness it deserves.

2 comments:

Dawn71 said...

Very nice Will.
"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art...
It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things
that give value to survival."
~C.S. Lewis

Will said...

Nice Lewis quote. You found the icing on the cake. Thanks!! :)