Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Passion V 1.2

Sitting here at 35,000 feet above the earth I realize that passion is not about what you do or who you are or where you are going. Passion is something inside you, it is something screaming to the world “I have something to give you”. It is a call for the love and attention of others and God. Maybe I am wrong and maybe passion is playing the guitar, racing cars or flying planes. I don’t think I am though. I think deep down inside of us we have a drive, a yearning to give and be connected in love with others and the Lord. The things we do are just instruments, a reflection of the burning we have inside.

All to often I think we deny these feelings in the name of “independence”. Sure we can play the guitar alone, race cars alone or even fly a plane alone but how much joy do we get from that and for how long? Solitude is a great thing sometimes, I enjoy time alone as much as the next guy but I always get the urge to pick up the phone, shoot off an email or just sit and talk with somebody. That is our passion whether we like it or not. We are born to love others, born to live connected and born to be in step with God. We need to drop the “independent” hogwash and give into our true passion, the love of others.