Monday, February 4, 2008

Lead By the Spirt






So today I was talking with a friend about taking up a position I formally held. He asked about the duties the position required and I told him the general description and then I said "More than anything I was just lead by the Spirit to whatever arose and whatever was presented to me." What!?!? did those words just come out of my mouth, I was lead by the Spirit. Often times I look for the Spirit inside me, look for direction and Power. But the more I look the more I can't see it. The more I think it is, the more it isn't. So what would prompt me to say "Lead by the Spirit"?

I think it is because the actions of the Spirit and God are only visible after the fact and need to be in tune with His path. The Spirit isn't a get rich scheme, or a "help me get out of traffic" plan. It is a harmonious relationship that requires faith; faith that requires reflection, discernment, prayer, compassion and meditation. It doesn't take long to get in tune with the Spirit, but the results are not immediately recognizable. Maybe that is the reason more people are not in tune with God and the Spirit, we are a society who wants results right now. A relationship with God is eternal, not just tomorrow.

1 comment:

Dawn71 said...

A little more religion wouldn't hurt me. I have learned that things happen when you least expect it-good or bad. Perhaps having peace of mind is knowing that you have to surrender to God. His will determines all.