Sunday, February 10, 2008

Trip to Texas


View Larger Map

Day 1

Left Orlando around 9:00 am eastern Friday morning.
Got into Pensacola around 3:00 pm central.
Hung out with Stuart for the night and we went to the Flora Bama which wasn't all it is cracked up to be. We then went to dinner at Global Grill which was pretty cool since I haven't ever experienced Tapas before. It was a really cool dining experience in which both Stuart and I had time for conversation and time to explore the Tapas. We made it back to the base (NAS Pensacola) and headed for bed.

Day 2

Woke up around 7:30 central and got ready to head out. Stuart and I watched the tail end of Breach, which seemed to be a pretty good movie. We said our goodbyes and I got on the road at 9:00am.
Pretty boring drive through Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana.
I finally made it to Lafayette, LA and stopped at Landry's and had some crawfish etouffee. It was some good heavy stuff.
Got back on the road around 2:00 pm and headed up I-49 to Shreveport, LA.
Hit Shreveport around 4:30 pm and headed west on I-20 into Texas.
Stopped and got a burger at WhatABurger and was indifferent, it wasn't the best but not the worst.
Finally got into Dallas around 7:00 pm and took the "scenic" tour around Dallas and got to my final destination around 8:00 pm. It was nice to get out of the truck after so many hours behind the wheel.

No comments: