Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Been A While

I have been busy lately and I haven't been able to blog as much as I would like. A lot has been going on such as my 3 year anniversary with my wife, a great friend going off to Iraq, keeping Entegra going and of course many things going on with the Church. That is my life in a nutshell for the past week or so. I started reading Kurt Vonnegut's "A Man Without a Country" I have to say it is a great read. While I don't believe in all his thoughts and opinions, he is pretty dead on most of his rambles. Here is a notable quote.....

"Fossil fuels, so easily set alight! Yes, and we are presently touching off nearly the very last whiffs and drops and chunks of them. All lights are about to go out. No more electricity. All forms of transportation are about to stop, and the planet Earth will soon have a crust of skulls and bones and dead machinery.
And nobody can do a thing about it. It's too late in the game.
Don't spoil the party, but here's the truth: We have squandered our planet's resources, including air and water, as though there were no tomorrow, so now there isn't going to be one."


Can you picture what would happen one day if your gas station closed up, your electricity shut off, your grocery store closed? The list could go on and on. Are you confident that we have things in place to make the transition from oil to alternatives?

No comments: