Friday, August 17, 2007

Ouch

Woke up this morning with a really bad kink in my neck. I can't move my neck from side to side with out spine tingling pain. Took some medicine and had a hot pack on it all morning it feels a bit better but not how I want to start the weekend.

Last weekend I read Tony Dungy's book "Quiet Strength" here are some notable quotes I picked from it:

Excerpt from Chuck Knoll: "Success is uncommon and not to be enjoyed by the common man. I am looking for uncommon people because we want to be successful, not average"

"To whom much is given, much is required--whether it's privileges, responsibilities, or material items. And if God has given you a lot of ability, I believe you should be held to a higher level of expectation."

"What you don't understand is that champions know it's all important....You have to understand that all the little things your coaches are asking of you really do matter. Knowing I can count on you is just as important as your talent. You'll always find excuses for not doing exactly what you're supposed to do. But that's exactly what creates a losing environment,"


"The first step toward creating an improved future is developing the ability to envision it. VISION will ignite the fire of passion that fuels our commitment to do WHATEVER IT TAKES to achieve excellence. Only VISION allows us to transform dreams of greatness into the reality of achievement through human action. VISION has no boundaries and knows no limits. Our VISION is what we become in life"

No comments: